[rescue] sun UltraEngine AXe questions..

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Tue May 31 23:52:56 CDT 2005

>From: "K." <sunfriek at ussonet.net>
>Date: Sun May 29 02:58:22 CDT 2005
>To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: [rescue] sun UltraEngine AXe questions..

>i picked up one of these off epay for DIRT cheap... less than $40 bucks..
>
>came with 512megs of memory , 40gig hd, cdrom drive, 300mhz processor and 2
>usuable PCI slots in a 1U chassis...

Uhm, 2 PCI slots in a 1U case? That's odd...

>can i replace the CDROM drive (that is a laptop drive) with a DVD-rom drive
>that i have laying around here and still have it boot media that would boot
in
>the cdrom drive?

I'd imagine so...

>which SCSI card is bootable in this machine? (i want to ditch the EIDE junk)

As someone else said, any Sun PCI bootable card will work...

>anyone know what the latest firmware for the AXe is? or where to find the
>patch file that has the latest?

Why do you want to upgrade the firmware? Problem?

I've just gotten my AXe (motherboard in a minitower case) running,seems nice,
but installing O/S took forever, not quite sure why...