[rescue] A114 maximum drive size?

Marc Gutschner Marc.Gutschner at gmx.de
Wed May 25 06:21:21 CDT 2005

Hi!

I've got a couple of SSAs (Model 114, to be more precise) at home that I
would like to "beef up" a little bit for a better energy consumption/storage
capacity ratio.

I know that (at least) 9 GB disks are accepted by these units since one of
them has 28 4GB disks and 2 9GB drives. What is the maximum capacity
accepted by these beasts?

Is it possible (for example) to put a 50GB disk in every other slot to get
up to .75 TB per unit?

Even "only" 18GB disks would give me a great increase of storage capacity
with (almost) identical power consumption ;-)

MTIA for any "enlightenment" ;-)

regards,
Marc