[rescue] Wifi Bridge?

Wes Will wwill at siu.edu
Thu May 19 12:01:55 CDT 2005

>As to the person who bricked theirs, can't you unbrick
>via the boot_wait setting and a tftp upload? The
>OpenWRT docs make very clear that setting boot_wait is
>a good thing and will let you recover from a lot of
>problems without any case cracking.

Mike:

Can you please post a specific URL or other info for this? (I'll confess, I
could likely dig it up, but ...)

I have a recently "upgraded" sveasoft-mangled wart-54g, and not reading all
of the fine print got me.  I didn't notice the little bit about how long
updates might take after saving a change, and the other little bit about
not powering off or using the reset button after flashing the firmware....
Poof.  Instant Compound-W - no wart.

I'm going to try OpenWRT if I can clear the firmware hang I created with
the reset switch.  Recovering this would be a "nice" thing, but I'm no
longer in a hurry.  (Replaced the wart with a different box I had lying
about, wasn't using most of the goodies in the new firmware yet anyway.)

--
wes will