[rescue] WTB: quick/cheap way to FC

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Thu May 12 12:05:33 CDT 2005

On Thu, 12 May 2005, Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:

>>> What is the cheapest way to get a GBIC and test out FC on this thing?
>
> OK, so let's say I get FC working on the host machine.
>
> Do I buy an FC switch?  A shelf?  What would you recommend?

You'd get a switch if you need connectivity among more than two devices.
If you need one, I'm happy with my Brocade 2800.  For storage, you can
get disk shelves (I use Dell PowerVault 630s because I got them cheap),
SCSI<->FC bridges, or RAID controllers.

It all depends on your needs.  I can't wait to start using my DEC
RA8000 with something bigger than 4GB disks.

--
Jonathan Patschke  ) "It's alright for someone to sleep past noon every
Elgin, TX         (   once in a while.  That's what it means to be a