[rescue] Sun machines supporting half-height hard drives

Jeffrey Nonken jjn_rescue at nonken.net
Thu May 5 11:59:35 CDT 2005

At 12:47 PM 5/5/2005, you wrote:
> >>of course, 68 pin drives are NOT supported in the E250 and E3000...
> >>HH (1.6" or half height) drives are... just the 80 pin variety...
> >>
> >>just have to get that straight... yes, much ugly hacking to wire
> >>68 pin drives...
>
> >Would something like this be of any use? Or is it a matter of physical
> >mounting, too?
> >http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31494&item=676534
>4154&rd=1
>
>those adapters are for 68 pin cable to an 80 pin drive... not the
>otherway around...
>and the space constraints for adapters preclude them...

Erm, you're right. I misunderstood the description.

Looks like everybody's selling the adaptors to let you re-use SCA-80
drives, not the other way 'round.

Pages of them show up in a search, and some vendors are putting the word
"RARE!" in their description. This must be some new meaning of the word
"rare" I wasn't previously aware of. :/

Ah well.