[rescue] Sun machines supporting half-height hard drives

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Tue May 3 16:59:24 CDT 2005

On Tue, 3 May 2005, Joshua Boyd wrote:

>> As Johnathan said a U1 among others will fit at least one of the 1.6"
>> drives.
>
> Yes, U1s will fit a 1.6" drive.  It is just that some U1s won't
> function with such a drive even though it fits.  Only 1" drives were
> supported I suspect there is a reason for that.

If the disk will fit, and its connector will properly mate-up with the
SCA port, there is no reason why it will not work unless that port in
the disk cage is broken.  The machine has no clue what the physical
dimensions of the storage device are.

--
Jonathan Patschke  ) "It's alright for someone to sleep past noon every
Elgin, TX         (   once in a while.  That's what it means to be a