[rescue] Enterprise monitoring/reporting?

Thomas Gallaway rescue at port11.net
Fri Mar 25 16:43:49 CST 2005

Nick wrote:

>Ehh.  Ugly?  yes.  But it works, and it's easy to customize.  What more
>can you ask for?
>	Nick
>On Thu, Mar 24, 2005 at 07:00:29PM -0600, Bill Bradford wrote:
>

>>On Thu, Mar 24, 2005 at 05:02:36PM -0500, Nick wrote:
>>

>>>So buy the commercial version of BB.. nearly all the bennies of each
>>>camp.
>>>

>>Is it still just a pile of shell scripts?  last time I looked at it,
>>I was highly unimpressed.

I would use a combination out of various systems. Lan Solutions has this
system called InfraKey. They use whatsup by ipswitch and 2 other
software packages to create a fairly nice system. Funny enough I had a
presentation from them today at their Virginia Headquarter.

They can intigrate other monitoring systems like MRTG, Big Brother, HP
OpenView and so on and have their backend analyze it and create more
specific messages and reports and bottlenecks.

-- Thomas