[rescue] Auction link - just for grins

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Sat Mar 5 02:56:02 CST 2005

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 23:35:55 -0600 (CST)
"Jonathan C. Patschke" <jp at celestrion.net> wrote:

> What I do find amazing[0] is that software developers manage to find
> utterly useles crap to do with all that additional power and storage.
[...]
Jonathan, you are so right. For me this Linsux KDE and GNOME stuff is
plain disgusting. Doesn't add much to usability but burns lots and lots
of resources on eye candys.

Often this new stuff is a step backward. E.g. kterm insted of xterm.
Polluts the screen with menues insted a "context menue" like xterm, uses
antialiased (TTF?) fonts that look blurry and have the wrong encoding.
Even worse: Most of this new stuff is unable to use the good old X11
fonts at all.
--

tsch|_,
       Jochen