[rescue] 36G SCA drives still looking

Daniel Johannsson djohanns at northwestern.edu
Wed Mar 2 13:41:34 CST 2005

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005, Phil Stracchino wrote:

> I was poking around on Pricewatch and Pricegrabber today and found a
> couple of places with 36G Cheetahs in the $50 range.  Try the following:
>
> http://www.hypermicro.com/product.asp?pf_id=HDSE105
> http://www.foxtec.com/products/view.asp?id=4155
>
> The Hypermicro listing doesn't specify the status of the drives, but the
>   Foxtec one specifically states they are new drives.

I've bought inexpensive scsi drives from Hypermicro numerous times, and
always received new in sealed static bag drives.  I'm pretty sure that in
the past they've always specified if a drive was a refurb, but of course
past performance is never a guarantee of future performance.

Anyways, the one time I got a bad drive from them they gave me a new one
with zero hassle.  They are good people in my book.

Dan Johannsson