[rescue] Anyone have Syquest 3.5" SCSI drive + disks ya don't want?

Ethan O'Toole ethan at 757tech.net
Tue Jan 25 12:06:08 CST 2005

Hello!

 I have a midi sampler gadget (MSG) that uses SCSI devices. I had
retrofitted a ZIP drive into the ESI-4000 unit, and all was good. But now
it goes, "Wrrr click-a-click-a-click-a-click (pause) Wrrr
click-a-click-a-click-a-click." I now know why all those people hated
Iomega, not that I lost any data, but I've heard the click-of-death for
myself.

So I was wondering if anyone has one of the 135mb or 230mb Syquest 3.5"
drives and carts? I had two IDE ones a while ago, but I gave them away
(oops). I'm thinking about avoiding the JAZ drives due to that same click
issue, I've heard they are equally as bad.

Another option would be the Fujitsu MO drives. I used to work around them
often, but haven't been able to find much on them.

If anyone has anything suitable, I'd be willing to paypal a little money.
I can find the drives often on eBay, and the media fairly often, but never
the two in the same auction.

I've got external SCSI zip drives, but I'm trying to keep it all in the unit.

--
: www.757tech.com  757 Technologies  (757)233-9460