[rescue] 68pin to 50pin adapters? (was sparc 10 drive replacements)

Arthur Wouk awouk at nilenet.com
Thu Jan 20 12:23:27 CST 2005

since i am faced with getting 68pin drives for my sparc10s, i have
looked into ebay and find two kinds: MtoM and FtoF. i have never
actually seen a 68pin drive so i am bewildered. if they have the same
configuration as 50 pins, as i expect they would, they have a male
connector, while the 50 pin source has a female connector. so i would
judge that i need a 50 pin male to a 68pin female adapter.

are my eyes deceiving me? or am i thinking inproperly?

[i have no problem with space, since i have a bunch of off-brand 411 box
equivalents (datastar) which have about an extra half inch between the
back of the case and the back of the drive.]