[rescue] Cleaning out, anyone want some FREE stuff?

Ethan O'Toole ethan at 757tech.net
Thu Jan 13 09:27:48 CST 2005

> SGI machines IMHO are not "better" just "different".  SGI machines excel
> at graphics rendering and video editing - with the right hardware
> installed.Sun machines perform best, again IMHO, at heavy mathematical
> simulation
> and database work.Each has their own arena.

Challenge XL? Origin 2000? I came from a shop that used almost all of the
SGI's headless, and tehy were nothing but number crunchers (NASA project).

This was before SGI's downfall.

> Ummm...Bzzt! ;-)  I personally own a 1xx R4400 that came stock with one of
> the two Indy systems I own.  As for Sun they have always had more
> processor upgrade options than SGI for the most part.  It all depends on
> models, dates, times, and other ephemera.

The Ross's are 3rd party though. And Sun had way more marketshare.

--
: www.757tech.com  757 Technologies  (757)233-9460