[rescue] Old SynOptics TR equipment...

Gutschner, Marc marc.gutschner at itandfactory.com
Sun Jan 9 10:31:44 CST 2005

Hi!

I've been fiddling around with some semi-ancient TokenRing stuff. Several
month ago I (sort of) accidentially ePayed a metric buttload of TR stuff for a
dollar, mainly made by Madge and Synoptics.

Among the pile is a rather nice LattisNet Model 3000 Concentrator with all
slots populated. The more interesting boards are:

  - one LattisNet 3514-ST TR NMM Fiber
  - two LattisNet 3513 TR STP Repeater NMM
  - two LattisNet 3522 TR Local Bridge
  - one LattisNet 3522A TR Local Bridge

Those boards seem to carry some "intelligence", but as it appears they were
setup to receive their OS during boot-up over the net. To make things worse,
the 3522(A) modules have a password set that is unknown to me :-/

There are three more "dumb" repeaters ( 2 x STP, 1 x Fiber ) and 3 "Host"
boards with STP/UTP connectors...

So, two questions:

  1.) Does anyone out there have the necessary software to make this beast
      useful again

  2.) How do I reset the password? I've googled around but nothing I found
      brought me any further :-/

MTIA,
Marc