[rescue] Seeking thinkpad 240C..

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 22:32:29 CST 2005

On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 20:46:16 -0500 (EST), Ethan O'Toole
<ethan at 757tech.net> wrote:
> >> IF anyone has one you would be interested in getting rid of... It's an
> >> older small Thinkpad that is 300mhz Celron. I always liked them, and now
> >> that they are older I figure I should hunt one down. The 240X is the
> >> more
> >> modern one.
> >>
> >> Anywho, if ya got one you would be willing to sell for a song, hit me up
> >> via email.
> >
> > Nice looking laptop - esp. with *real* connectors for video, but pricey
> > (at least this top-of-the-line unit...)
> >

> Especially considering the price of 800+ mhz thinkpads with more ram,
> larger screens, good batteries, etc :-)

Walmart, brand new, $788:
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=3380752

Too bad it's not one they are selling without Win*dohs*.  $40 less at
Sam's Club.

http://www.averatec.com/
The 3200 looks pretty spiff for an x86 box running at 4.5lbs/$1K.  A
variant for Sam's Club is supposed to be available, but I don't see it
on the web site.

=Nadine=