[rescue] 4224 printer to PC? (Be kind; I'm a newbie!)

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Tue Jan 4 10:49:07 CST 2005

On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 Bsalender at aol.com wrote:

> No one I talk to seems to have even the vaguest idea of how to attach an
> IBM 4224 printer to a PC.  Is it even possible?

It depends on whether the printer is a serial model or a twinax model.
If it's a serial model, it's a simple matter of setting the buad rate
and connecting it via a serial cable--the printer will do ProPrinter
emulation.

If it's twinax, it'll be much more trouble than it's worth to get it
working with anything other than AS/400 stuff.

--
Jonathan Patschke ) "I've built my whole system with [-fomit-frame-pointer]
Elgin, TX        (  cause it was recommended...as I don't care if a program