[rescue] Indy Power Supply

Wai-Sun Chia waisun.chia at hp.com
Tue Jan 4 02:10:41 CST 2005

Mark T. Valites wrote:
<snip>

> It's got a Nidec/Power General power supply in it. I got the cover off the
> power supply - there doesn't appear to be anything fried inside of the
> machine. After reseating all the cards/RAM and even completely detaching
> the power supply from the rest of the box, I still can't get it to boot.
> Is there anything I can fiddle with in the power supply to breathe some
> life into it again? If not, does anyone have a Nidec or Sony power supply
> they'd like to part with, preferably cheaply?

Did you check for:
- blown rail fuses? The ones that is sometimes soldered in..
- leaky electrolytics? i.e. brown gooey stuff leaking out of the vents..
- over-stressed capacitors? i.e. bulging tops
- shorted caps and diodes (esp. the high-current schottkies* (?) at the
output)

* What the heck is plural for schottky? :-)

/wai-sun