[rescue] TK50 tapes up for grabs

Brian Howe bwhowe at gmail.com
Sun Jan 2 10:36:47 CST 2005

I think that there are several things on the list that  interest
me...like the Umax box and the DAT drives/tapes... however if you"re
in the UK (per your email domain) I think I'd have to say no since I'm
in California and the shipping would be "prohibitive".

On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 13:30:18 +0000 (UTC), Peter Corlett
<abuse at cabal.org.uk> wrote:
> Mike Nicewonger <twmaster at twmaster.com> wrote:
> [...]
> > Yanno, it's funny how people only seem to care about stuff until you
> > have thrown it out after much effort made begging somebody to take
> > it...
>
> /me peers around the house.
>
> Anybody interested in:
>
> Umax 9000 Mac clone thingy with dual 604e processors.
>
> Sun Ultra 30 with large Sun monitor (21"?)
>
> Some dumb terminals, and a green screen monochrome video monitor (does
> PAL and NTSC).
>
> A large pile of miscellaneous PC cases, boards and cards of 1995-9
> vintage.
>
> A pile of 72 pin SIMMs.
>
> A small pile of small IDE disks.
>
> About 50 QIC tapes, a similar number of DAT tapes, plus drives to read
> same.
>
> Pushing 2,000 3.5" Amiga floppies.
>
> A CDTV, complete with remote control, keyboard, mouse and floppy
> drive.
>
> A half-height rack that appears to have once contained a HP9000
> server.
>
> Some of this stuff is worth money, so I'd like some in exchange. The
> rest is edging closer to the door for bin day if it's not claimed...
>
> Buyer/scrounger collects from Studley, Warwickshire outside of working
> hours.
>
> Work also wants rid of some rackmount cases, Sun kit, Cisco routers
> (3640 rings a bell), some honking great UPSes (about 4U rackmount, got
> to be good for a few kVA) and about 100 car steering wheels (don't
> ask).
>
> Buyer collects or arranges collection from a slightly different bit of
> Studley during working hours.
>
> --
> PGP key ID E85DC776 - finger abuse at mooli.org.uk for full key

Brian Howe