[rescue] Free

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Sun Feb 27 16:03:20 CST 2005

Dennis Jenkins wrote:
> A hand truck would come in handy with this one.  The UPS guy would cry.

Some friends and I got thgether about ten years back and made a group
purchase of something on the order of six thousand rounds of US .30 M1
ball machinegun ammunition in 192-round disintegrating-link belts,
packed in airtight steel cans, two belts to a can, two cans to a crate.
  We figured if we bought in bulk, not only did we get a great deal ont
he ammo, but we saved about 50% on shipping because it pushed the
shipment into the hundredweight rate.

I knew exactly what had arrived when I heard a UPS truck roll up, heard
a knock on my door, went to the door (two flights of stairs up from the
garage area), and the UPS guy just sort of stood on my doormat and
whimpered.

--
  Phil Stracchino
  phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net