[rescue] (no subject)

Espen Randen rescue at lpl.nu
Wed Feb 23 00:23:51 CST 2005

On Tue, Feb 22, 2005 at 10:09:37PM -0700, Arthur Wouk wrote:
> > > anyone have a copy on cds for sale?
> >
> > Do you need the official cds, or will iso images work?
>
> i am new to this game. are iso images as good functionally as the
> official cds? if so, i would use them. all i want is to be able to
> install sol9 in an ultra-1.

Yes, the iso images are identical to the official cds from Sun.
But in their ultimate wisdom, Sun has decided to not make it possible
to download Solaris 9 iso images from their website after Solaris 10
is installed.
That is, if you haven't downloaded them before. Check a previous thread
on this list for a more thorough discussion.

Since I don't want to get Bill in trouble, I won't list the URL to download
the Solaris 9 9/04 iso images on the list, but I'll send you a private
email with the URLs

--
"YOU, with the C++ compiler and no knowledge of how computers work!
Back away from the keyboard with your hands up, NOW!"