[rescue] Krups power supply

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Sat Feb 19 12:00:41 CST 2005

On Sat, 2005-02-19 at 11:41, Mark KAHRS wrote:
> I obtained a "Krups" Java station... without the power supply.  Anyone
> know of a source for them or (in last resort) the connector?

No idea where to get a PS...

But the connector is the same as Sun Serial on IPXen, same as the
serial connector on Macs, and possibly the same as an old PC bus
mouse....

The power requirements are:

5V @ 5A on pins 1 2 3
12V @ 0.4A on pin 5
Return on pins 4 6 7
remote on/off on pin 8

The pinout is

   6 7 8
   o o o
3 o o 4 o 5
    o o
    1 2

This is info is off the power supply of my Java Station.
So, I'd imagine the pinout above is as it is on the
power connector... mirror image it for the back of the
Java Station.

I'd say it would probably very easy to use any power supply with
5/12V (if you don't care about the remote power on/off) or use
an older lower power ATX power supply (that is if the remote
power on/off is signalled like on an ATX power supply).

Hope this helps,

  -- Curt