[rescue] New to me IPX

Michael-John Turner mj at turner.org.za
Thu Feb 17 15:15:01 CST 2005

On Thu, Feb 17, 2005 at 01:21:46PM -0700, Dan Duncan wrote:
> Depending on the OS you want, you can get it free.  I have 4 SparcClassics
> which run Solaris, netbsd, and redhat 6.2.  (I think I had free or openbsd
> on one of them at one point...)

Must have been OpenBSD - FreeBSD doesn't run on 32-bit sparcs (only
ultras are supported). Both OpenBSD and NetBSD run well on sun4c
machines - I've heard that Linux support has been a bit spotty
(although I don't have any first hand experience). Debian seems to
be the best supported of the Linux distros that still support 32-bit
sparcs.

-mj
--
Michael-John Turner | http://mj.turner.org.za/