[rescue] New to me IPX

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Wed Feb 16 20:23:20 CST 2005

On Wed, 2005-02-16 at 16:15, Mike Nicewonger wrote:
> On Wednesday, February 16, 2005, at 01:18  AM, Tom Ponsford wrote:
>
> > Chad Fernandez wrote:
> >> One of the web pages I read said the LPX was about the speed of a
> >> Pentium 75.  If that's the case, then that's plenty fast for me,
> >> since I'm a fan of 486 powered PS/2's.
> >> Chad Fernandez
> >> Michigan, USA

> > AND you can put a weitek power-up cpu chip and double the cpu speed
> > from 40-->80mhz
>
> And don't forget you can run her up to 128 MB with the Sbus memory
> expansion boards too.

I did this once... but only with the top open (for testing).  The
power supply hit the extra connector of the ribbon cable that goes
to the mainboard.

I had plans one time of modifying an IPX power supply so that it
did not interfere (as that part of the power supply behind the
steel is empty).

Did you have the top on yours and how did you solve that problem ?

-- Curt