[rescue] New to me IPX

Chad Fernandez fernande at internet1.net
Wed Feb 16 17:09:42 CST 2005

Mike Nicewonger wrote:
>> AND you can put a weitek power-up cpu chip and double the cpu speed
>> from 40-->80mhz

I found out that the Pentium 75 comparison, assumed the Weitek Power-up
CPU installed, but even then it's supposed to more like a hot 486, not a
low end Pentium.  Oh well, the original Weitek is still about like a 486
class cpu, so I don't mind to much, that it's slower than I originally
thought.

> And don't forget you can run her up to 128 MB with the Sbus memory
> expansion boards too.

I've got 48 megs on the motherboard.  Quite a few of the machines in the
pile were labeled 32 megs, but I happened to find one labeled 48 megs.
Once I get an OS installed, and play around with it a bit, I'll start
thinking about upgrades.

How common are those Sbus memory boards?

Chad Fernandez
Michigan, USA