[rescue] New to me IPX

Chad Fernandez fernande at internet1.net
Tue Feb 15 21:56:03 CST 2005

Mike Nicewonger wrote:
> Just to be clear. Any SCSI CD will work to read disks from. It is just for
> -booting- that the box wants to see a 512 byte unit.

Ok, I guess that's what I was getting at in a round about way.  I did
mean 512 bytes per block, too..... somehow I left the 512 out.

> The IPX was my first Sun boxen. It holds a warm place in my soul.

When I saw the pile of them, at Pembleton Electronics in Fort Wayne, I
had to get one.  I'm amazed it so small.  I guess I'm used to PC's of
that vintage that were normally much bigger.

Chad Fernandez
Michigan, USA