[rescue] Symbol Spectrum24 AP-4131 question

Mike Katchabaw katchab at csd.uwo.ca
Fri Feb 11 20:37:39 CST 2005

Hi all!

I recently rescued a Symbol Spectrum24 4131 wireless access point.
(It was going unused for months as my organization had stanardized
on another vendor's hardware.)

At any rate, I've been told the default passwords have been changed
and since forgotten.  Is there any way to easily reset them?  From
what I can tell, there is no hardware reset button like you would
find on common consumer access points, and the manual seems to
indicate that password maintenance and resetting requires one to
first log in to the access point anyways.  I haven't been able to
find any help online, so I thought I'd turn here, as this crew's
been quite helpful in the past on other things.  Hopefully I didn't
miss an obvious solution!

I'm hoping there's something I can jumper internally, or some other
magic I can use to wipe it clean and start from scratch.  This
looks like a nice access point, and I'd hate to have to stick it
back on its shelf!  :)

Many thanks in advance!

Mike.