[rescue] A sad tale of me NOT getting an Origin 2000 for cheap.

Micah R Ledbetter vlack-lists at vlack.com
Fri Feb 11 01:06:57 CST 2005

I was crushed earlier today when I lost this beautiful thing to another ebay bidder:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5749406793&ssPageName=STRK:MEDW:IT

An Origin 2000 Deskside, 4x195MHz processors, 1GB RAM, 3x18GB hard drives, went for <$150. Unfortunately, my bank account holds less than that right now... I would have easily paid the winning bid price if I'd had the money. I live in Austin, too, so I wouldn't have had to pay shipping.
Ah well. I just hope a deal like this comes along when I have the cash.

 - Micah