[rescue] Solaris 10 on 'unsupported' 64-bit systems?

Michael-John Turner mj at turner.org.za
Sat Feb 5 01:15:36 CST 2005

On Fri, Feb 04, 2005 at 10:25:22PM +0000, Mike Meredith wrote:
> It *was* possible to install S10 on an UltraSPARC I by modifying the
> CD, but the relevant hack appears to have been lost a few releases
> ago. I guess it'll be possible to get OpenSolaris running though.

Yep, that's the hack I'm thinking of - I remember seeing reference
to it, but can't find the details now. I'm also not sure that the
hack will work with the final version of Solaris 10, but that I'm
willing to test myself.

Hrm. I suppose I should probably just invest in an Ultra 30 or 60
and save myself the grief, but sadly my computer budget won't allow
for that at the mo' :(

-mj
--
Michael-John Turner | http://mj.turner.org.za/