[rescue] Solaris 10 on 'unsupported' 64-bit systems?

Mike Hebel nimitz at nimitzbrood.com
Fri Feb 4 14:09:53 CST 2005

Someone generated the quantum flux that came across as... Wes Will
>>Firefox is sluggish on my dual 2GHz G5 box....
>>
>>Pat
>
> Gee, works fine on the old blue-and-grey iWhack next door, under OS
> 10.3.3 (or is it 10.3.4?  Oughta look, I guess...) with 384 megs of
> RAM.

It's a little sluggish on my clamshell G3 iBook (466SE) running Jaguar -
even with 384Meg RAM.  My issue is that people are suddenly complaining
about it when it's the best out there in my opinion.  I mean what else you
going to use?  IE?  Netscape?  Opera?  Each of those are worse hogs than
Firefox.  I'm not saying Firefox couldn't be better but geeze...

> Startup takes a while as the Java subsystems come up, but once it's
> going it trundles right along.  Never noticed any problems with slow
> browse?  Rendering humongous JPEG's or something?

Well obviously the performance issues are involving in-browser pr0n movies!
Though I would think you'd keep that kind of "performance problem" to
yourself...  ;-)

Mike Hebel
----
"Sometimes the very young do not always do what they are told." - The Nox