[rescue] huge DEC rescue in TX?

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Fri Feb 4 12:09:26 CST 2005

On Fri, 4 Feb 2005, Wai-Sun Chia wrote:

>> Well, right now, I'm trying to get an LSI-11/2 running on it.  Then, I'm
>
> Me too. I'm currently trying to assemble a 11/03. In fact I have both
> the LSI-11 (M7264) and the LSI-11/2 (M7270). I had a choice to build
> a 11/03 or 11/23, I chose the 11/03 because of its historical
> significance (first Qbus system).

That's part of the reason I'm building this machine out as an 11/03,
first, but I want to actually try to -use- it, and the 11/23+ is a much
nicer machine.

>> going to move up to a KDF11-A.  I can't seem to get the bus unwedged,
>
> What do you mean "unwedged"?

I have a H9273 backplane with the current card configuration:

     LSI11/2                      |           (empty)
     32Kwords 18-bit MOS memory   |           (empty)
     4-port serial card (M8043)   |           (empty)
                               (empty)
                                  .
                                  .
                                  .
                        BDV11 Terminator Card

The LEDs on the BDV11 show that the bus is hung when I power the machine
up.  I've tried moving the BDV11 up to the slot just below the serial
card, but that doesn't help any.

> BTW, do you have the wiring procedure for going 18->22bits for the H9273
> backplane?

I can probably get it from Dave McGuire.

> It's actually part of the ClassicCmp archive,

Ah, I'll look for it, then.

> but if can't find it I can send it to you..

Thanks!  I'll ask if I can't dig it up.

--
Jonathan Patschke   )   "Let me hear you make decisions
Elgin, TX          (     without your television."