[rescue] Operating system for a 3gx sparcbook

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Wed Aug 31 04:21:29 CDT 2005

Hi,

I'd like to get my Tadpole 3GX sparcbook working again. It works
and has a 1.2 gig hard drive and 64m of RAM. It currently runs Solaris
2.6 with the Tadpole patches.

Can anyone suggest an operating system for it? 2.6 is a bit "long in tooth",
and it's too slow and short on disk space to compile anything so I would
prefer something that comes in object code form.

If there was a way to put a wifi card in it I'd really love it. I have
both CARDBUS (3.3v 32bit) and PCMCIA (5 volt 16bit) cards.

Thanks in advance,

Geoff.
IL Voice: (077)-424-1667  IL Fax: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838
Support the growing boycott of Google by radio users and hobbyists.
It's starting to work, Yahoo has surpassed Google.