[rescue] Free to a good home

Sheldon T. Hall shel at tandem.artell.net
Sun Aug 28 13:34:51 CDT 2005

Phil Stracchino wrote ...

> Macs are more bomb-proof for
> my small kids than Windows boxen ... it's harder for them to
> fuck them up.

Heh.  But not impossible ...

When my son was a toddler, almost 20 years ago, a Mac-oriented friend lent
us a Mac to play with.  I think he was trying to convert me, but mostly I
let my son play games on it.  Young Eric loved it.  He couldn't read, but he
could click on things.  He generally had a ball.  He learned right away that
clicking on "OK" was the way to keep going.

Unfortunately, those early Macs didn't differentiate between floppy disks
and internal hard drives for some things, so when the box that said ...

  Cannot read disk,
     format it?
	   OK

popped up ....