[rescue] e420r and solaris questions

Patrick Finnegan pat at computer-refuge.org
Sun Aug 21 10:18:30 CDT 2005

On Saturday 20 August 2005 22:30, Dan Sikorski wrote:
> Well, i'm obviously not going to screw it in by the front posts, I
> was hoping for something that would screw into the same holes that
> the four post mounting hardware would, but have rack ears at the
> center of gravity for the machine instead of the front and back.  It
> would be just need to be a pair of pretty simple pieces of steel.
> Unfortunately, i don't know anyone who could make them for me.  I
> figured that i'll end up just putting it on a shelf, but i was kind
> of hoping for something better.

Here's a "different" idea I came up with:

Find how far back the center of gravity is on the box, and just in front
of it, screw some rack ears into the box.  I've got some surplus 2U
rack ears which might work laying around (2 per side) from APC Rack
PDUs, which I could stick on one of my 420R's and see if they'll work.

Lemme know if you're interested.

Pat
--
Purdue University ITAP/RCS        ---  http://www.itap.purdue.edu/rcs/