[rescue] e420r and solaris questions

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Sat Aug 20 22:30:03 CDT 2005

Bryan Gurney wrote:

>I shudder at the thought of an E420R going on a two-post rack.  If they
>have a cantilevered shelf that can handle a 4RU box, then that'd be okay,
>but this thing definitely can't be screwed onto the posts by just the
>front rack ears.

Well, i'm obviously not going to screw it in by the front posts, I was
hoping for something that would screw into the same holes that the four
post mounting hardware would, but have rack ears at the center of
gravity for the machine instead of the front and back.  It would be just
need to be a pair of pretty simple pieces of steel.  Unfortunately, i
don't know anyone who could make them for me.  I figured that i'll end
up just putting it on a shelf, but i was kind of hoping for something
better.

    -Dan Sikorski