[rescue] Help with my Ultra 5

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Mon Aug 15 20:29:57 CDT 2005

" From: "Bryan Gurney" <arb_npx42 at comcast.net>
"
" On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 19:10:55 -0500, Paul Mantz <angelixd at gmail.com> wrote:
"
" > I recently bought a 440 MHZ to upgrade my box with, and when i threw
" > it in, it doesn't boot up.  Should I have done something beforehand,
" > or is it just a bunk chip?
" >
" > Also, with the same box, I'm having problems getting X11 running.
" > Could someone else with an Ultra 5 please mail me a working copy of
" > xorg.conf?
"
"
" IIRC only the Ultra 10 board will run the 440 MHz chip.

that can't be the real reason - u5 and u10 motherboards are the same;
only the case is different.  mb rev or obp ver maybe?