[rescue] E4000 and more in Madison, WI

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 14:33:58 CDT 2005

On 8/5/05, Brian Dunbar <brian.dunbar at plexus.com> wrote:
> On Aug 5, 2005, at 12:20 PM, Steve Hatle wrote:
>
> > The UW Madison surplus shop is listing an E4000 with 2 "enterprise
> > network
> > arrays" (no drives) for $250.00.
> >
> > They are also listing "many" U5-U10-U30 systems at $20-50 dollars.
> >
> > Never been there, but stumbled on their site a while back and check
> > it out
> > from time to time.
> >
> > So, if you are in the area you might want to check it out. I'd be
> > happy to
> > pay for a $50 U30 if you want to pick one up for me :-)
> >
> > Steve
> > __________
>
> That's 'only' 90 minutes away.  Problem is you have to get there
> early to beat the mad'ing crowd.  It is tempting.

If you are in the market for a Mac laptop, there are a couple in
the on-line "proxy" auction that probably need just a little work.
In particular, the G4 Titanium with the broken hinges.  That's
maybe $100-$200 (they run about $100 each at pbfixit.com)--
or if you can find a truly dead one to canibalize on ePay...

The iBook 600Mhz G3 is not too shabby at $250 and no bids,
either, as it has 384MB of memory.

=Nadine=