[rescue] [Slightly OT]: Desk/Tables for multiple ?computers

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Fri Aug 5 13:56:18 CDT 2005

Thu, 21 Jul 2005 @ 13:14 -0500, Lionel Peterson said:

> Once upon a time, open floor space was the most common configuration -
> watch some old "office" movies and see how they have their workers
> arranged.

Yes, which is where a lot of stories of how office life sucked
originally came from.

At least there were no pretenses of your having your own space.

> Honestly, Cubicles suffer from being "good enough" - looking
> at the prices they get for cubicles, I can really see how Pixar
> decided to offer it's workers an alternative to cubicles...

I've seen companies spend *MORE* on cubes than real offices would have
cost.

The other thing is arranging them in a way that wastes the most space
possible.  I've seen so many times where they make a walkway all around
the cubes calling it convienient, when a single hallway would have
wasted less space, given more privacy, and reduced costs.

Oh well...

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["I wish life was not so short. Languages
take such a time, and so do all the things one wants to know about." - J.