[rescue] So I picked up an old POWER2 system...

Andrew Jones aijones2 at bsu.edu
Wed Aug 3 14:40:36 CDT 2005

I went to VCF midwest and picked up an IBM 3CT for 10$.  I had always
wanted one of the old multi-chip POWER systems, and now I have one.

The catch is that I have no idea what to do with it.  The graphics
boards have a 3w3 connector (not 13w3, 3w3, like a DEC) and I have no
monitor.  I also cannot find any hardware information on IBM.com at all;
it seems they stopped publishing any information about MCA systems.
Luckily for me, the CD-ROM drive had an AIX 5.1 disc sitting in it,
which I believe to contain the BOS distribution, so I should be able to
get /something/ up and running if I can get a serial console.

To sum things up, does anyone have any leads on the old hardware
manuals, preferably in computerized form? Can anyone tell me how to get
a serial console on this system? Hints, tips?