[rescue] SS1000E CPU question...

Steve Hatle shatle at nfldinet.com
Sat Apr 30 16:03:32 CDT 2005

On 4/30/05 1:17 PM, "Mike Hebel" <nimitz at nimitzbrood.com> wrote:

> As it is I figured out that since I only have one drive tray I can run
> a mirror of two 73Gig drives for data without having cooling issues.
> (As well as the OS drive in the 5.25" bay.)

Well, there's room for 4 1 inch high 50 pin drives (if you've got the
brackets) in the main drive bay behind the metal front panel.

Having the drive tray lets you add more drives at the expense of losing a
slot for a CPU board, and you can use SCA drives there.

I've never put a drive in the bay with the CD-ROM, but I can't see why you
couldn't.

Yes, your electric bill will go up when you turn it on. It's also a great
heater. The biggest thing for me was it is LOUD. My best SS1000 accessory
was the 20 foot keyboard/video cable I found that let me put it in another
room and still have a graphical head if I needed one. :-)

An yes, CPU "modules" refers to Mbus modules - two per CPU board. My SS1000E
has a mix of SM51 and SM61 for a total of 8 CPU's.

Steve