[rescue] i\'m in love

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Fri Apr 29 11:07:15 CDT 2005

" From: "Steve Jones" <smj0501 at crash.com>
"
" >> yeah, but suppose different apps try to create identically-named
" >> tempfiles in in each of those paths?
"
" > tmpnam(3) is there for a reason.
"
" Uhm, guys? Unless somebody changed my meds when I wasn't looking,
" each tmpfs created is a unique, isolated filesystem. If /fs1 and
" /fs2 are both empty tmpfs filesystems, and you create a file
" /fs1/foo, you will *not* see /fs2/foo. Each tmpfs is allocated
" pages from VM that are dedicated to that tmpfs.

this is why you want three separate tmpfs, instead of one with three
symlinks or lofs mounts.  accidental namespace collisions are a bad
thing.