[rescue] i'm in love

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Thu Apr 28 16:34:59 CDT 2005

On Thu, Apr 28, 2005 at 05:22:18PM -0400, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> Was this sufficient to get rid of the almost-4GB of Gnome bloatware?

root at bradford:/> pkginfo |grep GNOME |wc -l
     222

I left the GNOME stuff on because I might want to put a head on this
system eventually if I can find an XVR-100.

> What was your final install size?

root at bradford:/> df -h
Filesystem             size   used  avail capacity  Mounted on
/dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0       32G   2.5G    29G     8%    /
/devices                 0K     0K     0K     0%    /devices
ctfs                     0K     0K     0K     0%    /system/contract
proc                     0K     0K     0K     0%    /proc
mnttab                   0K     0K     0K     0%    /etc/mnttab
swap                   3.4G   800K   3.4G     1%    /etc/svc/volatile
objfs                    0K     0K     0K     0%    /system/object
fd                       0K     0K     0K     0%    /dev/fd
swap                   3.4G   176K   3.4G     1%    /tmp
swap                   3.4G    40K   3.4G     1%    /var/run

I think disc 3 of the install (which I didnt get asked for) was all
StarOffice and JDS stuff.

root at bradford:/> zoneadm list -vc
  ID NAME             STATUS         PATH
   0 global           running        /
   1 bradford2        running        /zone/bradford2
   3 bradford3        running        /zone/bradford3

wheee!  global zone is using DNS, bradford2 is using NIS, and
bradford3 will be using LDAP.

root at bradford:/> uname -a
SunOS bradford 5.10.1 snv_10 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-60

Bill

--
bill bradford
houston, texas