[rescue] Paging Chris Lamb....

Skeezics Boondoggle skeezics at q7.com
Thu Apr 28 15:10:20 CDT 2005

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005, Mike Hebel wrote:

> A little bird told me that you most likely have SS1000 68-pin ram
> available.

Hee hee.  Something on the order of 1100+ individual 32MB parts.
Someone must recall the "drug bust" pictures...

	http://www.boondoggle.com/bigbatch2.jpg

(That's less than half the total...)  The plan was to find a cute model, a
bathtub, and cover her with them.  I had this vision for a whole "art
calendar for geeks," very Herb Ritts, with cute naked female friends
tastefully obscured by Cray system boards...

7+ months of unemployment/vacation kinda sets the mind to wandering. :-)

> I'd like to fill all the slots on my SS1000E before I load it up so if
> you could contact me off list I'd appreciate it.

Welp, I still read Rescue in digest mode, so it seems that folks have
already responded and pointed you in the right direction.  I've actually
got enough sticks here to fill up nearly all of my sun4d/cray4d boxes, but
just no place to put them and fire them up. :-/  I'm so looking forward to
putting together the SuperSPARC Cluster From Hell! :-)

Dang.  Why is it always "money and no toys" or "toys and no money"...?
(Other than the obvious fact that one usually leads to the other. :-)

I think my Big Adventure for today will be a trip out to the storage unit:

	http://www.boondoggle.com/StorageUnit/

Pay the boys a visit, maybe drop off the latest pile of 2000E system
boards that are stacked up in my dining room.  Sigh.

-- Chris