[rescue] Cray T3E-1200E with installation support from Cray and licenses on eBay

Mike Hebel nimitz at nimitzbrood.com
Thu Apr 28 14:13:27 CDT 2005

Someone generated the quantum flux that came across as... Patrick Finnegan
> On Thursday 28 April 2005 12:21, Phil Stracchino wrote:
>> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1247&item=5188
>>163497&rd=1
>
> This thing has been relisted for several weeks now.  IIRC, it started
> at  around $350k.  I don't think they're going to get any bites until
> it  goes down in price by at least one order of magnitude...

Unfortunately with the software and OS intact that price is probably right.

I'd have to ask Dave McGuire...

Mike Hebel
----
"Without balance and constant growth the only option is to degrade.  There
is no other solution." - Anonymous