[rescue] The best 'rescue' workstation

Wes Will wwill at siu.edu
Thu Apr 28 13:12:56 CDT 2005

>Wow, you went to the extreme. I run a lab at our school, and we just put
>help fix the problem. But the floppy thing is inexcusable.
>Zach Lowry

I agree, but I'm just the techno-weasel, my "(mis-)manager" says to do it
her way, which is to waste the time of the only tier-3 tech she has left on
a floppy disk when there is a network outage on the other side of campus,
and we have to implement a wipe policy for hard disks to comply with state
law, and the bot-net issue has to be researched some more to get ahead of
the curve instead of fighting the reactionary battle, and the vpn security
vlans have to be redone to eliminate some really odd stuff when
other-than-winsucks machines connect, and somebody really ought to audit
those old servers and make sure they're patched, and and and and....

--
wes will