[rescue] SS1000 RAM - request has been filled...

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Thu Apr 28 10:33:32 CDT 2005

On Thu, Apr 28, 2005 at 09:49:19AM -0500, Tom 'spot' Callaway wrote:
> I continue to be shocked and amazed at the machines people still have in
> production. A local datacenter JUST retired their fleet of SPARCStation
> 2s.

If it works, why replace it just because some marketing droid says its
obsolete?  The older it is, the easier it is to buy spare hardware or
entire systems to keep things running.

Our master NIS server here is a SS10 (although soon to be replaced by an
E250 in a NIS-to-LDAP migration).  It works fine.

Bill

--
bill bradford
houston, texas