[rescue] decisions, decisions

Patrick Finnegan pat at computer-refuge.org
Thu Apr 28 10:21:50 CDT 2005

On Thursday 28 April 2005 09:48, Joshua Boyd wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 28, 2005 at 12:47:03PM +0000, Peter Corlett wrote:
> > My take on OSes and hardware is that you should make the most
> > appropriate match:
> >
> > PPC: OSX
>
> A large portion, if not most, of PPC machines are incapable of
> running OSX.  Although the idea of running OSX in MOL on a current
> IBM PPC machine is somewhat perversely appealing.

Unfortunately that doesn't for for 64-bit PPC machines (MOL doesn't work
with 64-bit kernels/hardware yet).  I discovered that while trying to
make it work on my PowerPC 630 (aka POWER3) machines, and again with my
G5 desktop at work.

Pat
--
Purdue University ITAP/RCS        ---  http://www.itap.purdue.edu/rcs/