[rescue] decisions, decisions

r.stricklin bear at typewritten.org
Thu Apr 28 01:07:32 CDT 2005

On Apr 27, 2005, at 10:43 PM, Joost van de Griek wrote:

> I have. VirtualPC 7 on Mac OS X. Haven't had time to tinker much,
> though, so
> it might just be me. But it didn't run OOB.

I couldn't get 8, 9, or 10 to install on my G4, under either of VPC 5
or 6.

Have you tried many esoteric systems yet under VPC 7? I can't figure
out if newer versions are getting more, or less compatible. For
example, NEXTSTEP for Intel runs under VPC5, but not VPC6. OS/2 Warp
Connect is just the wrong side of stable on either, but in different
ways. AIX 1.3 almost boots on both. BeOS r5 isn't terribly happy with
VPC6  either. I've been wondering whether I ought to give VPC 7 a shot,
but I just can't make myself drink the Kool-Aid.

it's black maaaaagic

ok
bear