[rescue] decisions, decisions

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Wed Apr 27 14:50:17 CDT 2005

A new system arrived today.

Ultra 60, maxed out with 2G RAM, dual 450Mhz CPUs, CD-ROM, floppy, and
dual 36G HDs.  No framebuffer, as I was planning to run it headless.

Should I keep and use it as my Solaris 10 / OpenSolaris test/devel box,
or should I try to sell/trade it and pick up an Opteron or AMD64-based
CPU/motherboard/RAM and upgrade the BlueBox and run Solaris x86?

Thoughts?  Opinions?

Don't call me a heretic, here.  I've already got plenty of other SPARCs
(ohno.mrbill.net is a 420R with quad 450s and 4G RAM).

Bill

--
bill bradford
houston, texas