[rescue] When is 100 less than 10?

Sheldon T. Hall shel at tandem.artell.net
Tue Apr 26 16:05:47 CDT 2005

Saith Jonathan C. Patschke ...
> On Tue, 26 Apr 2005, Sheldon T. Hall wrote:
> [JCP wrote]
> >> That's pretty much vfe to a T.  Even if you get duplex/speed
> >> matched on both ends, it's still the slowest "fast" Ethernet
> >> on the planet.
> >
> > Yeah, but it ought to be faster than 10baseT, right?
>
> Sometimes.

Well, poop.

I also have some sort of fiber-optic networking thing for the machine, but
neither FO cables nor a converter to turn that into 100baseT so I can use it
with the rest of my network.  There's a board, some bulkhead connectors, and
an external box that says "FDDI Dual Ring".  Is this something I should
investigate, or was it just another way to separate SGI customers from their
money?

-Shel