[rescue] The best 'rescue' workstation

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Tue Apr 26 10:02:18 CDT 2005

On Mon, Apr 25, 2005 at 11:11:01PM -0400, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:

> Evil thought: Now is about the time for someone like Sun to decide that
> PC BIOS is cool, and start building their machines to require video to
> use the BIOS...

I have three machines (two P4s, one Xeon) here that are happy to use a
serial console.  Granted, you need a KVM for first boot to set it to
serial console, and you need to do something fancy to make RHEL install
without graphics (I'm told a special boot floppy or CD will do the
trick, but I just left the KVM on until after the OS was installed)...

--
Joshua D. Boyd
jdboyd at jdboyd.net
http://www.jdboyd.net/