[rescue] The best 'rescue' workstation

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Mon Apr 25 22:01:46 CDT 2005

Sun, 24 Apr 2005 @ 19:20 -0500, Bill Bradford said:

> On Sun, Apr 24, 2005 at 08:07:05PM -0400, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> > For example, I have an AMD 3000, which is a 2.0GHz CPU.  It's called a
> > 3000 because it runs as well as a 3GHz Intel.  Having played with both,
> > I'd say that's pretty accurate.
>
> Yeah - I've got a Sempron "2500+" system, that actually runs at 1.75Ghz.
> performance-wise, its as nice as my 2.6Ghz P4 Dell system.

I've been wondering how well those did.

I normally don't like things like the Intel Celeron's, because it is a
crippled "normal" CPU.

However, it seems like the Sempron is more of a hybrid.

I'm thinking of building a Sempron PC for someone who is upgrading.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["Star Wars Moral Number 17: Teddy bears are
dangerous in herds."]